Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on Wednesday 14th January 2015 in Stoke Lacy Village Hall at 7.30pm
Councillor Neil Walters (Chairman); Councillors Mary Caiger, Clifford Bufton, Janet Ivison and John Westwood.
Mrs Alma Westwood (Clerk)
Ward Councillor Jonathan Lester; CSO Susan Berrett; 1 member of the public
1/15 To receive and accept APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Ward Councillor Alan Seldon
2/15 To receive DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST on Agenda items
No interests were declared.
3/15 TO APPROVE THE MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS PARISH COUNCIL MEETINGS held on Wednesday 12th November 2014 and Wednesday 17th Decermber 2014
These were approved and signed.
4/15 PUBLIC PARTICIPATION.
4/15 i Stoke Lacy and District Community Power (SDLP): Councillor Caiger reported on the recent meeting on fracking. A meeting on nuclear power was to be held in February.
4/15 ii The Clerk had received a letter from Fortis Housing regarding a play area for children in Westbury; Fortis was agreeable in principle but would not be providing funding. Councillor Walters agreed to look at the available space. Insurance issues were raised. For March Agenda.
5/15 WARD COUNCILLORS’ AND POLICE REPORTS
5/15 ii Ward Councillor Jonathan Lester reported on recent decisions made by Herefordshire Council, notably concerning wages for employees and the Chief Executive. The budget would be set in February.
5/14 iii CSO Susan Berrett gave a general reminder about home safety.
Current Account balance as at 31st December 2014: £3893.08
6/14 i Draft accounts from 1st November to 31st December 2014 as distributed: APPROVED.
6/15 ii The following payments were approved:
- Stoke Lacy Village Hall: July/Sept & Nov/Dec hall hire: £80
- Clerk: expenses re: voucher for Mr Geoff Howells: £25
6/15 iii To note the invoice for new notice board £1728.27 (incl. £288.05 VAT) had been paid
6/15 iv The new Audit arrangements for Parish Councils from 2015/16 were noted
6/15 v The new Finance Policy was discussed and ADOPTED
6/15 vi To note the Precept submission for £6000 for 2015/16 had been made on 18th
7/15 INFORMATION SHEET
7/15 i As already emailed: Correspondence from Anthony Bush, HALC courses, etc.
7/15 ii Update on SIDs, other A465 matters and Balfour Beatty works to minor roads
• *The Clerk was asked to contact Herefordshire Council regarding SI D hire; Stoke Lacy had not had the normal November deployment on Stokes Hill and to write to Mrs Mary Seldon regarding the sharing of a SID. Councillor Walters was asked to investigate the cost of purchasing a SID and to let councillors know. Councillor Lester said he would support any application the parish council might make for using its own SID. For March agenda
- The Clerk was asked to contact the Lengthsman regarding repairs to the pavement near Herb Lane, which he had already carried out but had broken down.
- The Clerk was asked to send Ward Councillor Lester an email regarding the proposed village gates
- More information was required regarding funding towards the Burley Gate shop
- Request from Burley Gate school for a donation towards their school visit: decision to be made at March meeting
- Planning application P143809: Woodend Business Park, Stoke Lacy: proposed construction of new first floor area in unit 6 for light industrial manufacturing.
- This application had been received after the agenda had been set, but Ward Councillor Lester advised that as this was for a mezzanine area within an existing building it did not involve any material changes and would therefore not involve any planning problems
- Donations to shop and school
- Road signs and gutter clearing
9/15 ITEMS FOR CONSIDERATION FOR NEXT AGENDA
9/14 i Westbury play area
9/14 ii Gates – update
9/14 iii SID purchase
10/15 DATES FOR FUTURE PARISH COUNCIL MEETINGS to May 2015
(all Thursdays): 18 March (note date change)
13th May 2015, Parish Meeting at 7pm; Parish Council Meeting at 7.30pm
The meeting closed at 8.38pm.