STOKE LACY PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on Wednesday 14th March 2018 in Stoke Lacy Village Hall at 7.30pm
Councillor Neil Walters (Chairman); Councillors Janet Ivison; Clifford Bufton and John Westwood.
Mrs Alma Westwood (Clerk)
Ward Councillor Jonathan Lester; SCO Susan Berrett (arrived at 7.40pm)
The meeting commenced at 7.35pm.
18/14To receive and accept APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Councillor Anne Reece; apology accepted.
18/15 To receive DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST on Agenda items and written dispensation requests for disclosable pecuniary interests
No interests or declarations were declared or made.
18/16 TO APPROVE THE MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS PARISH COUNCIL MEETING held on 10th January 2018
These were approved and signed.
18/17WARD COUNCILLOR’S AND POLICE REPORTS
18/17i Ward Councillor Jonathan Lester reported that he was now Leader of Herefordshire Council. He further reported on recent meetings of the Council. (see Herefordshire Council’s website). There would be a public meeting on 15th March concerning provision of support for young carers, to assess their support needs
18/17ii CSO Berrett reported on changes taking place within Bromyard Police. A meeting between Stoke Lacy and Pencombe Parish Councillors, CSO Berrett and Ian Connolly, traffic management supervisor for the Safer Roads Partnership, was to be held on Thursday 2nd March to assess various road safety issues within Stoke Lacy
Following the successful meeting at the recent church Coffee Morning, CSO Berrett proposed holding as many surgeries as she was able at future Coffee Mornings, which are held every second Saturday in the month
18/18There was no PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
18/19 GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations)
The Clerk was to attend a training session at HALC and would report back to the May meeting
Current Account balance as at 1st March 2018: £6848.90
18/20 i Draft accounts from 1st January to 28th February 2018 as distributed: APPROVED.
18/20 ii The following payments were approved:
• Lengthsman’s account of £669.60. (inc. £116.60 VAT) for works along Stokes Lane, Little Cowarne Lane and Gravel Pit Lane
• HALC Subs for 2018/19: £374.41 (inc. £62.40 VAT)
• Second half of grant to Stoke Lacy Village Hall: £500
• A grant of £200 to The Cider Press as per their request
• Clerk’s half-year salary and PAYE, and £5 expenses
• Following much discussion, it was AGREED that any ex gracia payment to any volunteers helping in the recent snow could establish a precedent, but the Parish Council expressed its sincere gratitude to Ryan Skyrme and Elliot Farmer of Stoke Lane for their sterling efforts and a gift of a crate of Wye Valley beer each would be given as a mark of appreciation
• Appointment of Auditor: Mr Ian Pardoe
• The Clerk would purchase the laptop and scanner from the funds provided by central government to comply with GDPR
18/20 iii Costs for purchasing solar-powered SIDs: These would be obtained by Councillor Walters and forwarded to the Clerk, Councillors and Councillor Lester as soon as possible. It was hoped that SIDs would be provided by the developers of The Newlands under S106 provision.
18/21 Planning Applications
The following were dealt with under Minor Planning Applications Policy, with no objections:
180287 & 180288 The Hop Kilns Woodend Lane: Solar panels; 180589 Bramble Cottage, Stoke Lacy: addition of 2nd storey to cottage; 174590 The Maltings, Woodend Lane: Solar panels
18/22 Hosting a Coffee Morning in church
Councillors AGREED to do this: 14th July
18/23To note INFORMATION SHEET
18/23 i HALC courses and emails from Anthony Bush and others as already emailed
18/23 ii Clerk’s course on compliance with new GDPR
18/24 ITEMS FOR CONSIDERATION FOR NEXT AGENDA
Councillor Walters then handed in a letter of resignation from his post as Councillor as from 15th March 2018. The Parish Council paid tribute to him for his work over the years
DATES FOR FUTURE PARISH COUNCIL MEETINGS to May 2017
(Wednesday in the Village Hall):
9th May 2018 Parish Meeting at 7.30pm; Parish Council Meeting at 8.00pm
The meeting closed at 9.00pm.